Friday, July 20, 2012

Indian Visa


India visa center in Penang


Finally finally I got my visa to India!!!!! Long story in short. I didn't have enough time to apply India visa in my country before I started my trip and also I was told I can apply it in Malaysia, so I think it's easy to get the visa. I didn't really spend much time to prepare for that.

That day, I went all the way to the India visa center in Penang. I was told it's hard for foreigner to get India visa in Malaysia nowadays according to the safety problems. If I couldn't get it in Malaysia, I might try to get it in Thailand. What?! Just a visa and it's so complicated to get? OMG!!!!!!!!Anyway I requested them to help me to apply first. They collected my info and told me they would try helping to apply for me but no promise. It would take around 7days for them to check my info and I can check whether I passed at their website. 

I checked many times from their website after even 10days. There was no response. I started worrying couldn't get the visa and that meant my India trip had to be cancelled!!!!!!!!! since the visa problem, my india had to be postponed. 

As I had some family problem and I had to go back home. I checked it only take 1 day to get the visa in Hong Kong. So I spent 1 day to Hong Kong to apply the visa. The consulate is located in Tsim Sha Tsui, kowloon.  I had to submit all information before 1030am and I could get my visa after 530pm. As soon as I was at the counter, submit my passport, passport copy, 1 2'x2' white background photo, registration eform filled in the internet and HK$389. That's all, easy!!!! They didn't even ask a single question!!!!

I walked around the city until 530pm when is the time to collect visa. I got a 3 months single visa to India. I am so happy now!!! India I am coming!!!

P.S. everyone please remember try to get everything needed in advance in your country.

N.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment