Saturday, May 18, 2013

Thai funeral

Hello everyone!

I was in Bangkok, Thailand last week. The weather was awesome and I was so happy for the sunny spirit as here has been raining for 2 months already. 

I did have a chance to attend a Thai funeral during that trip and it's a great experience. I am surprise that they had a photographer for the whole process, took pic for guests and there's even a MC!!!!! it's so different to our Chinese traditional as we won't take pics during the funeral. Also they will burn the dead body right away. 

It's very good experience for me about Thai culture.

Have a good weekend!
N
This is the tower to burn the dead body
all the relatives and friends go up, put flowers, show their respect and say last goodbye to the ancestor. 


paper flower
paper flower
The monk will throw out some money and some kids around will come and get it.
Kids collect money in every single funeral.



No comments:

Post a Comment